I really wasn’t sure what today I should write about as I’m about halfway through Evangelii Gaudium and don’t really want to have another post about Mary it being the transfered feast of the Immaculate Conception today. It was going to be something about religion in Science Fiction, as I found a cool radio program out of Australia that took on the subject on December 1 in the program there is a brief discussion of Evangelii Gaudium as well. it was pretty interesting but I didn’t feel that I could really add much to it. So I went over to Wikipdeia and pulled up the date to see what happened today in the past, and what feast day it was.
So I found out that today is known as Anna’s Day in Sweden and Finland and it marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve. I know that in Europe the Name Day is a popular thing but never thought that I would be exploring how lutefisk is made or that it took so long to make.
It also happens to be the feast of Saint Juan Diego, the first indigenous American Saint. He is best know for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, a feast we celebrate in just a short few days. Juan Diego is a great example for us in getting the New Evangelization to work. John Paul II said the Juan Diego “is a model of evangelization perfectly inculturated” As he brought the Church into the culture. This is our mission.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mi Mama! (catholicmomfitforlife.wordpress.com)
- Why did the Immaculate Virgin visit St. Juan Diego? To save the Western Hemisphere… (sscmacademy.blogspot.com)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe (starfirewings.wordpress.com)
- The Feast of the Immaculate Conception (jessicahof.wordpress.com)
- Evangelii Gaudium on Mary (mrsmeadowsweet.wordpress.com)